The food industry relies on refrigeration for the safe production and storage of food products. From factories to grocery stores and restaurants, keeping food safe is the food industry’s top priority. Keeping food cold can be as much as 60% of the utility cost. Picking the right equipment is key to keeping utility costs down. Below is a list of incentives available for energy-efficient refrigeration equipment.
- Electronically commutated motors (ECMs) in various equipment
- Glass door cooler/freezer reach-in cases replacing open multi-deck units
- Ice machines
- LED reach-in refrigerated case lighting and occupancy sensors
- No-heat and low-heat reach-in doors
- Q-Sync permanent magnet synchronous (PMS) evaporator motors
- Strip curtains in refrigerated warehouses and walk-in coolers/freezers