Leaks are a significant source of wasted energy in a compressed air system, often wasting as much as 20 to 30 percent of the compressor’s output. Compressed air leaks can also contribute to problems with system operations, including:
• Fluctuating system pressure, which can cause air tools and other air-operated equipment to function less efficiently, possibly affecting production
• Excess compressor capacity, resulting in higher than necessary costs
• Decreased service life and increased maintenance of supply equipment (including the compressor package) due to unnecessary cycling and increased run time.
- The roof is a significant source of thermal loss in buildings, wasting energy and money.
- Insulation, air barriers, cool roofing materials and rooftop gardens can improve thermal performance.
- The RoofPoint rating system measures the energy efficiency and sustainability of roofing projects.