Incentive Programs Available in Vermillion, SD
Welcome to our website!
Now is the time to invest in energy-smart products and take advantage of the cash incentives offered to you by Vermillion Light & Power. We offer a variety of energy efficiency programs that can help you lower your utility bills.
Bright Ideas Delivered Right to Your Email.
Are you looking for more energy-saving tips, simple hints, and other timely information about energy efficiency for your home? Then sign up today for our free Bright Ideas
e-newsletter that is distributed monthly to your email inbox.
To see how you can start saving energy and saving money today, click on any of the programs below.
Minn. Utility Helps Customers Find the Right Fit
The right lighting fixtures can reduce energy use and boost the bottom line for businesses. In fact, lighting can account for 35-40 percent of the electricity used in commercial businesses, and energy efficient lights can reduce energy consumption by [...]
Student group grabs green grant
Never underestimate the power of a few determined young people who want to make a difference.
That’s the lesson Ortonville High School science teacher Kristi Moberg has learned as advisor for the Local Environmental Focus Tea [...]
Follow these guidelines to reduce the amount of energy your refrigerator uses:
- Set the appropriate temperature. Keep your refrigerator at 35-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your fridge in a cool place. Position your refrigerator away from a heat source such as an oven, a dishwasher, or direct sunlight from a window.
- Allow air circulation behind the fridge. Leave a few inches between the wall and the refrigerator, and keep the condenser coils clean if you have an older model. Read the user's manual to learn how to safely clean coils. Coil cleaning brushes can be purchased at most hardware stores.
- Check the door seals. Make sure the refrigerator seals around the door are airtight. If not, replace them.
- Keep the door closed. Minimize the amount of time the refrigerator door is open.