ENERGY STAR Dehumidifier
ENERGY STAR qualified Dehumidifiers have more efficient refrigeration coils, compressors, and fans than conventional models, which means they use less energy to remove moisture.
Buy a qualified ENERGY STAR Dehumidifier and get $10 off your purchase from your participating municipal utility through a mail-in rebate.
Follow these guidelines to reduce the amount of energy your refrigerator uses:
- Set the appropriate temperature. Keep your refrigerator at 35-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your fridge in a cool place. Position your refrigerator away from a heat source such as an oven, a dishwasher, or direct sunlight from a window.
- Allow air circulation behind the fridge. Leave a few inches between the wall and the refrigerator, and keep the condenser coils clean if you have an older model. Read the user's manual to learn how to safely clean coils. Coil cleaning brushes can be purchased at most hardware stores.
- Check the door seals. Make sure the refrigerator seals around the door are airtight. If not, replace them.
- Keep the door closed. Minimize the amount of time the refrigerator door is open.
Use the "air dry" setting instead of the "heat dry" setting on your dishwasher.
Consider air drying clothes. This will save energy and help to increase the life of your clothing.