Incentive Programs Available in Watertown, SD
Welcome to our website!
Now is the time to invest in energy-smart products and take advantage of the cash incentives offered to you by Watertown Municipal Utilities Department
. We offer a variety of energy efficiency programs that can help you lower your utility bills.
Bright Ideas Delivered Right to Your Email.
Are you looking for more energy-saving tips, simple hints, and other timely information about energy efficiency for your home? Then sign up today for our free Bright Ideas
e-newsletter that is distributed monthly to your email inbox.
To see how you can start saving energy and saving money today, click on any of the programs below.
Prairie Rose & Nelson Cty. Courthouse Earn Rebates
Prairie Rose of Lakota and the Nelson County Courthouse have recently completed projects that involve energy efficiency upgrades to the lighting of their facilities.
Both Prairie Rose and the Nelson County Courthouse were able to apply [...]
Lakota Good Samaritan Society Receives BES Rebate
The Lakota Good Samaritan Society has recently completed a project that involved energy efficiency upgrades to the lighting of their facility. The Good Samaritan Society was able to apply for a rebate from Missouri River Energy Services to assist wit [...]
Follow these guidelines to reduce the amount of energy your refrigerator uses:
- Set the appropriate temperature. Keep your refrigerator at 35-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your fridge in a cool place. Position your refrigerator away from a heat source such as an oven, a dishwasher, or direct sunlight from a window.
- Allow air circulation behind the fridge. Leave a few inches between the wall and the refrigerator, and keep the condenser coils clean if you have an older model. Read the user's manual to learn how to safely clean coils. Coil cleaning brushes can be purchased at most hardware stores.
- Check the door seals. Make sure the refrigerator seals around the door are airtight. If not, replace them.
- Keep the door closed. Minimize the amount of time the refrigerator door is open.