Incentive Programs Available in Vermillion, SD
Welcome to our website!
Now is the time to invest in energy-smart products and take advantage of the cash incentives offered to you by Vermillion Light & Power. We offer a variety of energy efficiency programs that can help you lower your utility bills.
Bright Ideas Delivered Right to Your Email.
Are you looking for more energy-saving tips, simple hints, and other timely information about energy efficiency for your home? Then sign up today for our free Bright Ideas
e-newsletter that is distributed monthly to your email inbox.
To see how you can start saving energy and saving money today, click on any of the programs below.
Lighting improvements save nearly $10,000 per year
With an electric bill of nearly $200,000 per year, management for the Detroit Lakes Community & Cultural Center (DLCCC) decided to retrofit its building’s lighting system to save energy and reduce electric costs. The 99,000 square-foot DLCC [...]
Total Ag receives rebates for energy efficiency
Total Ag recently completed its new facility in Hillsboro, and received $17,791 in rebates using the Bright Energy Solutions programs for new lighting, solar blocking window film, regulated speed air compressor, variable frequency drives, geothe [...]
Follow these guidelines to reduce the amount of energy your refrigerator uses:
- Set the appropriate temperature. Keep your refrigerator at 35-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your fridge in a cool place. Position your refrigerator away from a heat source such as an oven, a dishwasher, or direct sunlight from a window.
- Allow air circulation behind the fridge. Leave a few inches between the wall and the refrigerator, and keep the condenser coils clean if you have an older model. Read the user's manual to learn how to safely clean coils. Coil cleaning brushes can be purchased at most hardware stores.
- Check the door seals. Make sure the refrigerator seals around the door are airtight. If not, replace them.
- Keep the door closed. Minimize the amount of time the refrigerator door is open.