Incentive Programs Available in Beresford, SD
Welcome to our website!
Now is the time to invest in energy-smart products and take advantage of the cash incentives offered to you by Beresford Municipal Utilities. We offer a variety of energy efficiency programs that can help you lower your utility bills.
Bright Ideas Delivered Right to Your Email.
Are you looking for more energy-saving tips, simple hints, and other timely information about energy efficiency for your home? Then sign up today for our free Bright Ideas
e-newsletter that is distributed monthly to your email inbox.
To see how you can start saving energy and saving money today, click on any of the programs below.
Pembina County Memorial Hospital Receives Rebates
Pembina County Memorial Hospital recently completed a project that involved energy efficiency upgrades to the lighting in their facility. The hospital was able to apply for rebates from Cavalier Municipal Utilities. CMU provided $8,860 in rebates to [...]
Nursing home installs energy efficient lighting
Sheyenne Care Center of Valley City, N.D., received a rebate of $11,398 for recent lighting upgrades it installed throughout its buildings. The nursing home earned the rebate through Valley City Public Works and the Bright Energy Solutions® progr [...]
Follow these guidelines to reduce the amount of energy your refrigerator uses:
- Set the appropriate temperature. Keep your refrigerator at 35-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your fridge in a cool place. Position your refrigerator away from a heat source such as an oven, a dishwasher, or direct sunlight from a window.
- Allow air circulation behind the fridge. Leave a few inches between the wall and the refrigerator, and keep the condenser coils clean if you have an older model. Read the user's manual to learn how to safely clean coils. Coil cleaning brushes can be purchased at most hardware stores.
- Check the door seals. Make sure the refrigerator seals around the door are airtight. If not, replace them.
- Keep the door closed. Minimize the amount of time the refrigerator door is open.